[Wsssc] a couple questions

Claire Peinado Claire.Peinado at skagit.edu
Mon Feb 27 13:00:12 PST 2023

Hi Colleagues,

Happy Monday.  I have two unrelated questions for the hive mind:

  1.  For those of you with significant populations of Spanish speakers, do you pay any premiums for bilingual skills in your hiring practices, either within salaries or as stipends?  If so, can you let me know how you address this?  I'd like to compensate for bilingual skills and do build this competency into many job descriptions, but am trying to figure out how to address this for all staff with these skills, regardless of when they were hired.
  2.  Regarding mandatory trainings (sexual assault, anti-hazing, etc.), when and how do you implement these?  Orientation?  Elsewhere?

Thank you,
Claire

Claire E. Peinado, PhD
Vice President for Student Services