[Wactclc-primo] [External] {Spam?} RE: [ALMA-L] Ex Libris – HTTP Security Update

Guidry, Wade WadeG at bigbend.edu
Tue Oct 24 12:53:20 PDT 2017

Sounds like Ebsco is having some real difficulties, just based on that update Amy posted.

Jane, in the BTC environment, I was just able to click through to the following Ebsco arcticle from within Primo, after authenticating through EZProxy (as a student):

https://bellingham-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo-explore/fulldisplay?docid=TN_gale_ofa334486279&context=PC&vid=BELLINGHAM&search_scope=EVERYTHING&tab=default_tab&lang=en_US

I used the test user “test0101”, which is an account in the BTC student subdomain.

Just FYI, one way to isolate a problem to EZProxy is to navigate directly to your EZProxy host (when you are off campus)…

In the case of BTC: https://login.ezproxy.btc.edu/

And see if you can log in, and get to the default EZProxy logged in page (usually a list of configured databases). If you can’t log in to ezproxy directly from the login page, then there is an issue with campus authentication or with ezproxy, irrespective of Primo or link resolution.

Of course, if you’re on campus, and you navigate to https://login.ezproxy.btc.edu/ (or your own campus’s ezproxy instance), your IP address should be recognized by EZProxy, and you should reach the ezproxy login landing page without having to authenticate.

[Title: Big Bend Community College Logo]

Wade Guidry
Library Consortium Services Manager
Big Bend Community College

www.bigbend.edu<http://www.bigbend.edu/>

Big Bend Community College • 7662 Chanute Street NE • Moses Lake, WA 98837-3299

WACTCLC Alma Instance: Alma NA02<http://status.exlibrisgroup.com/>
WACTCLC Primo Instance: Primo NA08<http://status.exlibrisgroup.com/>