[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] ASSIGN, POP THEN WAIVE Process for V1

Deborah Englehardt denglehardt at sbctc.edu
Thu Aug 26 08:33:45 PDT 2021

Good morning!

We've finished creating and testing the process to mass pop-update and mass waive V1 students! We took a while because we were trying to make the process as global and flexible as possible.

The new Event ID, Comment Code and query are in both PCD and production so that after you fully test in PCD, you can start running the process in production.

The process is pretty straightforward:

  *   Assign the V1 checklists to those with the V1 flag on their ISIR
  *   Population update their Packaging Status Summary page to 'Not Required' and 'Selected, Not Verified' if the V1 checklist is still in Initiated status and not marked as institutionally selected for verification on the Packaging Status Summary page
  *   Waive the V1 checklist for the population mentioned in the previous bullet point

Like with any process, the time-consuming part is the cleaning up of data and setting up of the process. After data is cleaned up and your college starts using the "INST Verification Status" field on the Packaging Status Summary page for the students your staff selects for verification, it's a matter of running four Run Control IDs in the morning before reviewing files.

The Population Update is a powerful feature so it really is up to your college whether you want to mass pop-update or manually flip the statuses at the time of awarding the student. Some colleges may keep the assigning of the V1 on the ISIR Jobset while others may choose not to do the mass pop-update. It is up to you and what fits your college.

Please make sure you test in PCD fully before doing anything in production to avoid any data mess up.

Thank you,

[Compass]Deborah Englehardt

Functional Analyst, Campus Solutions (Financial Aid)

1300 Quince Street SE

Olympia, WA 98504-2495

denglehardt at sbctc.edu<mailto:denglehardt at sbctc.edu> • O: 360-704-3979

sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>