[Abawdnavigators] Information from today's webinar

Kathi Medcalf kmedcalf at sbctc.edu
Fri Nov 15 15:51:13 PST 2019

Hello All,

Here are the PPTs and the DSHS questions from today.  They are also posted on the google drive as well.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions.  Here is the answer to the work study question:

Work Study is considered employment for food benefits and provides the client with an exemption once it is approve until the end of the term as long as they anticipate working during the term and begin working during the next term.  This could make a client a student meeting work requirements, instead of an ABAWD.
The student rules and requirements  can be a bit complex including reviewing, type of institution, higher education,  work requirements, student status, household and school breaks.  I would suggest that if you have a case that is questionable we would want to review with the customer their circumstances .

Thanks,  have a wonderful weekend.

Kathi

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Kathi Medcalf, M.S.Ed
Program Administrator: ABAWD, Workforce Education
1300 Quince Street SE | PO Box 42495 | Olympia, WA 98504-2495
P: (360) 704-1838     E: kmedcalf at sbctc.edu<mailto:kmedcalf at sbctc.edu>
                      Pronouns: She/Her/Hers