[BFET] Question: 7 Business Days for PR Signatures

Brian Johnson BJohnson at btc.edu
Thu Oct 11 15:08:27 PDT 2018

Hi,

At Bellingham Technical College, we have used Canvas to allow students participating in BFET to be able to submit requests for books and supplies to our Workforce Funding office online.  They have been able to place this request up to several weeks before the start of each new quarter (which tends to be when most of these kind of requests are needed).

Once the Canvas request has been made and we confirm eligibility, we at that time have been generating a paper PR (Participant Reimbursement) form based on the submitted request.  We then keep that paper PR form on file in the Workforce Funding Office until the student comes into the office to sign it in person.  This has the benefit of allowing students to prepare for their quarter in advance, so that they can feel comfortable knowing they will receive their books at quarter start.  It also helps us in processing a large number of PR's.

However, with the switch to EJAS PRs, the guidance from the new BFET provider's handbook revised October 2018 p. 14 indicates that seven business days is the maximum timeframe for having participants sign PR's.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D46172.D933E590]
Evidently the intent of the PR has always been that the student sign at the time that the PR is made.  Does anyone else have a similar issue or suggestion for moving forward without compromising level of service to the student participants?

Thank you.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D46174.42DA9970]<https://www.btc.edu/>Brian L. Johnson
Interim Director
Workforce Funding and Student Support
Bellingham Technical College<http://www.btc.edu/>
3028 Lindbergh Ave | Bellingham, WA 98225-1599
Call: 360.752.8463 | Office: College Services 101B