[BFET] Question: 7 Business Days for PR Signatures

Biros, Demetra Demetra.Biros at lwtech.edu
Thu Oct 11 16:05:35 PDT 2018

HI Brian,
A message has been sent out to the SBCTC regarding some of our concerns related to the new PR process. We have not received a response to our email, but I was told in person that the new PR process would be put on hold until input from the colleges could be provided, some of our questions could be answered, and the details worked out. I'm disappointed to hear that the new BFET Provider's Handbook has been released with these changes before the colleges have had a chance to provide input.

The PR process that each of our colleges use related to book purchases was originally discussed extensively with a team of college staff, SBCTC, and DSHS.  We decided together what would work best for our colleges, our students, and BFET policy. The new process has not been discussed with the colleges.

So, to answer your question, I do not have a suggestion for moving forward without compromising level of service to the student participants.  First, the questions that we have related to the new policy have not been answered yet (at the webinar there was no mention of a 7 day requirement, for example). Second, I believe that the new PR policy will substantially compromise the level of service to our student participants and increase the amount of administrative burden on each of our programs/staff.

Thanks for your email; it helps us to all understand where we are at with this conversation.

Demetra Biros
Director of Workforce Development
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
425-739-8315