[Wsssc] Commission Feedback for Diagnosis Coding Student Group Revisions

Hayden, Ruby (She/Her) Ruby.Hayden at lwtech.edu
Tue May 7 05:51:22 PDT 2024

Hello Commission Members,

As your Data Governance Committee (DGC) Representative, Steve Ashpole and I are bringing you a proposal, Diagnosis Code Revisions (attached).

This is an update/revision of the original proposal for diagnosis coding which went out to the commissions September 2023.  Since that time an alternative, simpler method of resolution has been developed that doesn't involve an enhancement request.  The solution involves using a student groups to determine if a student is receiving disability services. A pilot of the student group functionality has been endorsed by two colleges.

Because this solution is different from the original proposal, the committee felt another round of system feedback would be appropriate.

Please reply back to me your feedback by Friday, May 17th , if any, and I will communicate it to the DGC.

Ruby.

Please note: My working hours may not match your working hours. Please prioritize work/life balance and only reply to this email during your working hours.

Ruby Hayden, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student Services
My pronouns: she/her

Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Student Services  |  West 213C
11605 132nd Avenue NE  |  Kirkland, WA 98034
T: (425) 739-8208  |  ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu<mailto:ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu>
www.LWTech.edu<http://www.lwtech.edu/>  |  facebook.com/theLWTech
[A blue and white sign that says LWTech voted Best Trade/Technical School in the Northwest by Seattle Times Readers.   Also includes a round image on the left of the sign that says the same.]<http://www.lwtech.edu/>