[Wsssc] U.S. DOE statement and resources on campus safety

Lauren Hibbs lhibbs at sbctc.edu
Fri May 3 09:01:43 PDT 2024

WSSSC, sharing a communication from SBCTC Director of Communications Laura McDowell and the below letter from DE Secretary of Education regarding recent events.

Good morning members of the Public Information Commission and Safety, Security, and Emergency Management Council,
Dr. Amy Morrison, president of the Lake Washington Institute of Technology, just shared a message on campus safety from U.S. Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona. Please see below and attached. Feel free to share.
Today I'm working on a sample statement and free speech web page. It will need to go through a round of review and approvals though.
More to come. Whether or not our colleges experience unrest due to the Israel-Gaza conflict, we will surely face unrest as we move closer to the general election.
Laura

[Compass]Laura McDowell
Director of Communications
lmcdowell at sbctc.edu<mailto:lmcdowell at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-4310 * f: 360-704-4415 * c: 360-280-0670