[Wsssc] Data Governance Committee seeking WSSSC representation

Hayden, Ruby Ruby.Hayden at lwtech.edu
Sat Oct 15 10:07:54 PDT 2022

Good Morning My Dear WSSSC Colleagues,

The Data Governance Committee (DGC) is kicking off another year and we need your help! We need to fill our roster this year for commission representatives. The work we do impacts the entire CTC system and commission representation (2 from each) ensures ALL voices are at the table for decision making.

The following commissions have vacant seats.

  *   WSSSC x 1 person (I'm the other WSSSC rep and would really appreciate support from another colleague)
  *   RPC x 1 person
  *   DEOC x 2 people (this is a new commission but will be a critical voice for this work)

Three reasons you will enjoy working on this committee:

  1.  You have an opportunity to be a leader between system-wide initiatives and your commission.
  2.  The work we discuss is interesting and thought provoking; there is often a significant equity impact of this behind the scenes work.
     *   Two upcoming discussion points this year are the data classification of EMPLID along with course modality.
  3.  The time commitment is minimal. The cold reality is we all have more to-do's and less time to do it in.
     *   We meet once a month for 1.5 hours.
     *   The purpose of 2 representatives from each commission is so that you can work together and cover each other if you can't attend a meeting.

Read more about the DGC on the SBCTC website<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fwww.sbctc.edu%2fcolleges-staff%2fcommissions-councils%2fdgc%2fresources.aspx&c=E,1,gGYsGVhevHmw98xTfg_puO7tLtUN0o-PfItUvTuM2SyTDF-sfGfyzUdzDgGYwr5PqNSK7QaqaN2D31888FA-DVpav2YAG-2m1skQOT8_0qFXKcEJnw,,&typo=1>.
If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact the co-chairs of DGC Carmen McKenzie (cmckenzie at sbctc.edu<mailto:cmckenzie at sbctc.edu>) or Jennifer Tuia (jtuia at spscc.edu<mailto:jtuia at spscc.edu>) . I am also happy to answer questions as well.

Ruby.

Please note: My working hours may not match your working hours. Please prioritize work/life balance and only reply to this email during your working hours.

Ruby Hayden, Ph.D.
Vice President of Student Services
My pronouns: she/her

Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Student Services  |  West 213C
11605 132nd Avenue NE  |  Kirkland, WA 98034
T: (425) 739-8208  |  ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu<mailto:ruby.hayden at lwtech.edu>
www.LWTech.edu<http://www.lwtech.edu/>  |  facebook.com/theLWTech  |  twitter.com/TheLWTech