[Wsssc] NEEDED: Two Reps! Strategic Technology Advisory Committee (STAC)

Matthew Campbell MCampbell at pierce.ctc.edu
Thu Apr 8 08:55:34 PDT 2021

Good morning. Last week or so, I asked if there were folks interested in representing WSSSC at STAC (and learning a bunch of new acronyms). I also indicated that I’d share more information and interested folks could respond to me, then I’d bring all those who volunteered to the exec team to select with considerations for diversity and representation across the system.

Most of the info can be found at the SBCTC STAC website: https://www.sbctc.edu/about/task-forces-work-groups/stac/default.aspx

This committee directly advises the presidents’ technology committee (WACTC-Tech). The focus initially was on large-scale, “core technology,” those tech solutions that would like be a system integration and collective contracting. However, that scope is a bit larger, considering everything from workflow for ctcLink configurations to core technology to smaller projects that have fairly broad system impacts.

The committee is co-chaired by Grant Rodeheaver (SBCTC deputy executive director of IT) and Eva Smith (executive director of IT at Edmonds CC).

I am one of the two representatives for IC, along with superstar Stephanie Delaney (Renton TC). Other members of the committee can be found here: https://www.sbctc.edu/resources/documents/about/task-forces-work-groups/stac/stac-membership-list-update-feb-2021.pdf

Meetings are roughly once per month for four hours, though they don’t always go that long.

Because of the direct connection to WACTC-Tech (and Grant), there is a very strong need for more voices representing students …particularly with regard to  accessibility.

Don’t sit on it, volunteer today! Let’s make the deadline tomorrow so don’t forget and miss your chance!

Thanks, all!
Matt

Matthew Campbell, Ed.D. (he/him/his)

Vice President, Learning & Student Success

Pierce College Puyallup

p:

253.840.8419

a:

1601 39th Ave SE, Puyallup, WA 98374<x-apple-data-detectors://1/2>

w:

www.pierce.ctc.edu<http://www.pierce.ctc.edu/> e: mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu<mailto:mcampbell at pierce.ctc.edu>

[pierce college logo]
     TOP 5 Community College in the Nation
[aspen prize for community college excellence rising star 2019 logo and achieving the dream leader college of distinction logo]