[Wsssc] FW: Tuition Deadline and ctcLink payment challenges

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Thu Apr 8 08:38:39 PDT 2021

From: Scott Copeland <scopeland at sbctc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 8:14 AM
Subject: RE: Tuition Deadline and ctcLink payment challenges

Technically each student has until the census date (10th day) per SBCTC policy linked to statutes.  Oftentimes colleges have earlier payment deadlines which appears to be the case at Edmonds.  As I see it, the college can follow the following policy:

5.40.40 Students reportable for enrollment
Students who register for a class prior to the census date and do not subsequently drop prior to the census date count for enrollment reporting. Note:

  1.  Students who have not paid, waived, have a payment plan established, or a guarantee from a third-party payer (L&I, DVR, VA, state or federal aid, or similar) for tuition and/or fees by the census date are not reportable for enrollment reporting. An exception to this is a student, including but not limited to registered apprentices, who attends a class prior to the census date and registers prior to the completion of the class, may count for enrollment reporting if special provisions for post census date registrations as defined in Policy Manual 5.60.10 have been followed.
  2.  Some student specific provisions can affect the reporting of students in classes funded by state dollars as defined in Policy Manual 5.30.10.
  3.  Colleges must follow the guidelines for scheduling and reporting enrollments in Basic Skills classes.
  4.  Colleges must follow the guidelines for coding and reporting Applied Baccalaureate classes

And then the following, which I would use under this situation:

5.60.30 Post census date registrations — administrative circumstances

A registrar may allow Post Census Date Registrations for enrollment counting purposes if the registrar deems it necessary to correct an error or errors associated with a student’s enrollment. The registrar may be requested to explain excessive corrections in the event of an enrollment audit.

Scott a Copeland

Scott A. Copeland
Associate Director, College Relations and Policy Guidance
Education Division
Office: 360-704-4397
Cell: 360-791-6026
scopeland at sbctc.edu<mailto:scopeland at sbctc.edu>

Normal workday hours are 6:00 am through 4:00 pm, 12:00-1:00 lunch break.