[Wsssc] WSSSC Call 4/9

Gilmore English, Jessica jgilmoreenglish at RTC.edu
Wed Apr 8 12:56:01 PDT 2020

Hello All,

The agenda kind of built itself this week. Please see below and if you have a chance review the documents Joe sent.

  *   Carli's update
  *   CARES Act 50% funds direct aid to students (Christina)
  *   How is spring term going for CTCs that started (Sue)
  *   Everfi Contract (Joe)
  *   Technology Needs of Students (Deb, survey in progress)
  *   Placement Testing (document attached)
  *   College in the High School Guidance (document attached)

I will do some separate messaging regarding the WSSSC spring meeting this week, and time permitting tomorrow morning float a few ideas that the exec team discussed. It is a beautiful day - I hope you have a chance to spend a little time in the sun.

Talk soon,
Jess

From: wsssc <wsssc-bounces at lists.ctc.edu> On Behalf Of Joe Holliday via wsssc
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 9:28 AM
To: wsssc at lists.ctc.edu
Subject: [EXT] [Wsssc] Documents for Thursday WSSSC Call

Colleagues: attached are three guidance documents that staff developed this week. We can edit and update them as needed. You will note that 8 colleges have not responded so far on their placement testing approach. Also attached is the latest (and we think final) proposal from Everfi for the 1-year extension of our contract. It restores access to the courses HR directors are using in the current contract. HRMC is meeting today at 3:00. If they don't accept this version, it will trigger an RFP process. Attached are:

Financial Aid FAQ
CiHS Guidance
Placement Testing Strategies, by College
Everfi Proposal

Talk soon.
                             [Joe]