[Wsssc] Council Liaison assignments: 2018-2019 AND council fee structures

Gilmore English, Jessica jgilmoreenglish at RTC.edu
Fri Sep 14 13:45:24 PDT 2018

Hello WSSSC,

Below are the council assignments heading into this academic year. Per our discussion this summer, we have a few councils that will have co-liaisons. The purpose of this is for a warm hand-off from established liaisons to new liaisons, and/or to share the role as both the commission and our councils undergo varying degrees of turnover. Please pipe up if I've missed anything or got the below incorrect.

We also discussed canvassing the commission for general interest in being a liaison now or in the future. If you have an interest please let exec committee know so we can make note of it - this will also allow for succession planning, etc.

ACC:      Jess Gilmore English
ARC:      Ruby Hayden
CESC:    Co-Liaisons Claire Peinado and Joe Barrientos
CUSP:    Co-Liaisons Erin Blakeney and Sue Orchard
DSSC:    Deb Casey
FAC:       Christina Castorena
MSSDC: Yoshiko Harden
Veterans: Glen Cosby will take the baton from Damon Bell in providing support for this council's development

Also, please find attached information regarding council fees and meeting frequency. I vetted the notes with council leadership. This summer at both the liaison meeting and our WSSSC meeting, we spent considerable time discussing the support councils have expressed they need from their campus (and us) in order to participate in council work. They were clear in their preference for liaisons to physically attend meetings, and for their own campus leadership to support their own attendance/participation. Let me know if you have questions.

Thanks, and Happy Friday,
Jess

Jessica Gilmore English
Vice President of Student Services
Pronouns: she|her|hers
[cid:image001.png at 01D13320.87630A80]

[cid:image013.png at 01D13320.87630A80]

3000 NE 4th St. Renton, WA 98056
Phone: 425-235-2463
Email: jgilmoreenglish at rtc.edu<mailto:jgilmoreenglish at rtc.edu>
www.RTC.edu<http://www.rtc.edu/>

[cid:image009.png at 01D13320.87630A80]<https://www.facebook.com/rentontechnicalcollege> [cid:image010.png at 01D13320.87630A80] <https://plus.google.com/104118808484150773827#104118808484150773827/posts>  [cid:image011.png at 01D13320.87630A80] <https://twitter.com/rentontech>  [cid:image012.png at 01D13320.87630A80] <https://instagram.com/rentontechnicalcollege/>