[Wsssc] Suicide Prevention Bill (SB 6514) Data Collection Requirement

Joe Holliday jholliday at sbctc.edu
Mon Oct 8 08:25:30 PDT 2018

Colleagues: attached are two documents that need your attention. There is a data reporting requirement in Senate Bill 6514, the suicide prevention bill. Forefront at the University of Washington is coordinating this portion of SB 6514 implementation. The first attachment is a draft survey, while the second attachment is a letter from Forefront providing context and asking for your assistance in improving the draft before it goes live. Please know that we testified consistently during the hearings on this bill that we do not collect much of this information, so I'm guessing several of your responses will be in the realm of "not applicable" or "unknown" when the survey finally does go live.

Thanks for your attention to this. I will touch on it briefly during the State Board update at WSSSC next week, in case any of you have questions or concerns. Please note the October 29 due date for your comments.

                             [Joe]