[Wactclc-primo] [EXTERNAL*]-Re: [Wactclc-alma] Activating CZ collections for a limited time

Elena Bianco Elena.Bianco at skagit.edu
Fri Mar 27 15:18:35 PDT 2020

Hi Dan:

I have the same concern. We're deciding to keep it to the ones that are on our existing platforms, so Ebsco, ProQuest, etc. We are creating a library module for an Online Excellence Canvas course that some of our faculty are creating for colleagues, and mentioning that these are temporary additions to content.

Because we have faculty who are wanting streaming videos of things not currently in Films on Demand and Avon Academic Video, we just signed a master agreement with Kanopy that is allowing us to add a la carte films at $100/year, but we aren't making those films available via Alma. Departments are paying for them separately from the library and we're helping with EZProxy set up, but they will only be available in the instructor's Canvas course ...

Trying to keep it limited because we know we could never afford all of the extras normally...

Elena

Elena Bianco

Systems & Technical Services Librarian

Skagit Valley College Library