[Wactclc-primo] Issue with title search in Primo

Farnham, Troy tfarnham at lcc.ctc.edu
Tue May 14 16:11:39 PDT 2019

I have came across an interesting issue while cross checking in Primo the new titles that we have added to Alma -

If a title begins with the article ‘The’ and if I try using the title search in Primo with the Basic Search Pre-Filters Label “that begin with” I will receive a “No items found” as the results but if I search “with exact phrase” or “contain my search terms” while including ‘The’ the item will appear in the results page.  The item will also appear if I omit ‘The’ while using “that begin with”.

Has anyone else has came across this?

Thanks,

Troy Farnham

Lower Columbia College