[Wactclc-primo] Primo issues- Black Panther

Nicole Longpre nlongpre at bellevuecollege.edu
Wed Jun 5 10:10:12 PDT 2019

Hi everyone,

As I continue to troubleshoot issues that came up in my absence, I have come across an issue with Black Panther, which we stream via SWANK.

Black Panther is a Disney film and therefore you had to be logged in to access the resource. Our issue is with Primo, the SWANK link for the film in the middle of the record (the View It/View Online link) doesn't work. If you scroll to the bottom of the record, the "link to resource" link does work. Off campus you have the same struggles, although you have to login to access the "Link to resource" link. We had one Disney film in the past, and I don't recall having this much difficulty. We no longer have that film, but as far as I can tell the links are the same.

We tried editing the MARC record to put a special note in about this film, but the 500 subfield a does not show up in the Primo record.

Does anyone have experience with this? I'm not sure how many folks have SWANK, but I know that Black Panther is very popular.

Thank you,
Nicole Longpré (she/her)
Systems Librarian
Library Program Chair