[Wactclc-primo] [External] Summer Project: Auditing Open Access Collections in PCI

Nina Pitts NPitts at pencol.edu
Fri Jun 1 11:51:48 PDT 2018

I found the list, Amy! The small group was really diligent, and your work made a huge difference for us!

When we first went to Primo through ORCA, each institution filled out a workbook about which resources to activate. Peninsula chose a very short list of activations from the "free" resources that were available at the time, because of problems like no full-text available, lots of broken links, etc. (Our original activation list is attached, FYI.)

Then we (the ORCA libraries collectively) discovered that ExL had treated us as a consortium with "consortial inheritance", which meant that a number of free resources had been activated for us whether we requested them or not. So the small group checked every collection. The list Amy refers to is also attached. I'm not sure about the exact criteria used, but the results were a vast improvement over the "consortial" activations. Maybe these can help the new efforts, too.

Nina

Nina Pitts
Library Supervisor
Peninsula College Library/Media Center