[Wactclc-primo] Question about SERIES Links and CALL NUMBER Links in Primo

Dale Burke dburke at email.edcc.edu
Thu Sep 28 11:17:55 PDT 2017

In our Primo catalog SERIES are not hot linked or faceted for searching
purposes.   This makes is more difficult to find only the items in a
particular series.  An example of this would be searching to the "for
dummies" series.  If I do a keyword search in Primo I get over 37,000
hits.  I can restrict my search to "Available in the Library" and see the
24 that are in my print collection, but I cannot find everything in this
series in various formats without getting non-series items included.

Also, the CALL NUMBER for our items is not hot linked.  It is possible to
do a virtual browse, but virtual browse is limited to seeing only a few
items at a time.  It is also possible to do a call number browse search,
but it would be more convenient to be able to link to a call number from
within a record rather than having to redo your search as a browse search.

Can these two searches be created?

Dale Burke
Technical Services Librarian
20000 68th Ave. W