[Wactclc-primo] {Disarmed} JSTOR Open Access Books

Dale Burke dburke at email.edcc.edu
Thu Sep 28 09:17:22 PDT 2017

On September 21st JSTOR sent the following message regarding the Open
Access Book titles as a part of their collections.  I would like to have
this collection accessible through Primo.  I am trying to find out whether
or not I need to set this up as an Electronic Collections in Alma by
downloading all of the records as portfolios, or whether the link from the
Primo Central Index (PCI) will cover this?

Thanks!

JSTOR message

<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#m_794295359305505963_>
*NEWS*
WEB VERSION
<http://info.ithaka.org/acton/ct/10452/s-1045-1709/Bct/l-0cb3/l-0cb3:172c/ct0_0/1?sid=TV2%3A3QwxXBffH>
RAND Corporation adds 1,200 Open Access titles

We’re delighted to share the news that the RAND Corporation has made 1,200
titles freely available to researchers around the world. With this
contribution, a total of 2,171 Open Access ebooks
<http://info.ithaka.org/acton/ct/10452/s-1045-1709/Bct/l-0cb3/l-0cb3:172c/ct1_0/1?sid=TV2%3A3QwxXBffH>
are
now available on JSTOR.

Primo Central Index (PCI) information for the JSTOR is in the attached
document

Dale Burke
Technical Services Librarian
20000 68th Ave. W