[Wactclc-primo] Question about changes to activations in the Primo Central Index (PCI)

Dale Burke dburke at email.edcc.edu
Wed Oct 4 10:39:11 PDT 2017

Hello all,

I am confused about something that I did yesterday afternoon regarding
activations in the PCI and when the results appear in Primo.

Yesterday, around 2:00 pm I deactivated one collection and I also activated
one collection:

I deactivated "oapen"
I activated "Kanopy USA"

I checked my job monitor screen and I see that Publishing to Primo Central
took place yesterday evening around 10:30 pm; however, I'm not sure I am
seeing the changes I expected to see.

We were getting multiple records for an open access record "Abbott's
Gambit", with one of the extra records coming from "oapen".  I assumed that
by deactivating "oapen" in the PCI the duplicate records would not show in
Primo, but the records continue to show even after the PCI publishing job
ran.

I also activated "Kanopy USA" yesterday afternoon; however, no Kanopy
records are showing up in my Primo searches today.

Am I missing something about PCI publishing?  Were my changes to close in
time to be picked up by the PCI publishing job?

Thanks!

Dale Burke
Technical Services Librarian
20000 68th Ave. W