[Wactclc-primo] PCI and eBook Collections

Nicole Longpre nlongpre at bellevuecollege.edu
Wed May 31 14:23:23 PDT 2017

I have this issue too, and was told that if you want title level searchability (Alma activation) and article/entry level searchability (PCI activation) then you are going to have two records. It's very frustrating as some of the records that show up from PCI activations are truly horrible.

I'm choosing to tolerate the duplicate records. If I have a student who is looking for information on fibromyalgia, I would hope that they would find information from the Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. If I don't have the title activated in PCI, then it won't show up if a patron does a topic or keyword search. I think it is important that the individual entries in reference-type works are findable.

I don't know that adding the e-book via a local electronic collection will help any. Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in.

Nicole