[LIBRARYDIR] [EXTERNAL] - Appeals?

Kelley, Katherine Katherine.Kelley at lwtech.edu
Mon May 20 12:26:59 PDT 2024

Hi Claire,

We just developed a replacement fee waiver this quarter due to the much higher replacement fees that we’re now seeing with laptop checkouts. We notably use “Financial Hardship” as a waiver reason. We have yet to see it used, but we haven’t had it in place at the end of a quarter yet.

Our website is under construction, so we currently have our FAQ on a Public Canvas page<https://lwtech.instructure.com/courses/1364387/pages/lwtech-library-fee-waivers> that we can share with students. We do plan to add it to our Policies and Procedures webpage when the website is editable again in July.

Thanks for asking and I really appreciate hearing how others are handling this!
Katherine

Katherine L. Kelley (she/her)
Faculty Librarian / Library Coordinator
Lake Washington Institute of Technology Library<https://www.lwtech.edu/campus-life/library/>