[LIBRARYDIR] One-off Tutoring

Fuhrman, Tim timf at bigbend.edu
Tue May 17 14:43:44 PDT 2022

Hi All,

Sorry to be spamming LLC & ELC but I'm at a loss and I'm sure somebody will have an answer or know where to point me.

One of the hats I've inherited was "misc. tutoring."  That is any tutoring requests outside what can be covered by our tutors in the Writing Center, STEM Center, or via eTutoring.

What we are struggling with is there is no point in hiring tutors that MAY be needed in a variety of areas in advance.  At the same time now that we are using CTCLink we can't hire anyone quickly as they can't start until the 1st or 16th.

Curious if anyone knows how tutoring like this is handled on their campus.

Thanks,

Tim