[LIBRARYDIR] calling for librarians with OER experience

DeSure, Pearl Pearl.DeSure at cptc.edu
Wed Jun 29 12:47:42 PDT 2022

Hello all,

Clover Park Technical College is excited to host our first Summer Institute on Open Education Resources!

Dates: Friday August 5 and Saturday August 6
Time: 9 am to 3 pm

We are opening the institute to all technical colleges within Washington State in order to encourage wide participation and collaboration on OER initiatives. There is no cost to attend, and sessions will be held virtually via Zoom.

Our schedule will include a session on finding OER materials. We hope to recruit librarians who have experience finding relevant OER for the trades and would be interested in presenting. Thanks to an OER grant, we are able compensate presenters with $500 for leading three one-hour sessions (a presentation and Q&A) during the first day of the institute.

Please let me know if you are interested in presenting by Friday, July 8 or if there is more information I can provide.

Thank you for your time in advance! Apologies for any cross-posting.

Best,
Pearl

Pearl DeSure
Faculty Librarian
Clover Park Technical College
Library/Learning Resource Center<https://cptc.libguides.com/library>
Building 15, rm. 113A
4500 Steilacoom Blvd. SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
T: 253.589.6067<tel:253.589.6067>
Educating tomorrow's workforce.
<https://outlook.office365.com/mail/options/mail/cptc.edu>
"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together."
Vincent van Gogh