[LIBRARYDIR] Weeding and RCWs Redux

Dawn Marie Lowe-Wincentsen dawn.lowe.win at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 19:14:18 PDT 2022

Heath,
We are also working on weeding, and I wonder about this RCW and the intent.
Is it still relevant?
In our case we have a collection of things that have been weeded long ago -
in some cases so long ago as to predate ALMA. In addition to cleaning out
the closets, we are weeding reference and incorporating it into the
circulating collection, and getting rid of 203-30 year old CDs that have
not circulated in the last 5 years. I really can't imagine that a school
library would want a 20 -30 year old CD - how would they play it?

*Dawn Lowe-Wincentsen, MLIS*

She/ Her
Associate Dean of Library and Learning Resources

Dlowe-wincentsen at shoreline.edu

*Shoreline Community College*
www.shoreline.edu  |  206.546.4101
Mobile: 206.123.4567