[LIBRARYDIR] curbside pickup and appointments

Margret Mills Margret.Mills at skagit.edu
Tue Sep 29 14:56:47 PDT 2020

We are having students use the scheduler in LibGuides.  It is working relatively well.  We started using it in March.  We have a big widget for students to click on.  Our (cheaper) version only allows students to schedule an appointment every ten minutes.  We have sent students and faculty multiple emails telling them this is how to schedule appointments.  We also have the circulation phone number and email displayed prominently.  We created two different videos teaching students how to use the scheduler.

Our circulation staff are basically happy with the way it is working for us.   However, we still get emails from faculty and students (emailing reference or individual librarians) and we just redirect them to circulation.

Margret Mils (Muggs)
Department Chair, Library
Skagit Valley College