[LIBRARYDIR] NWCCU distance education and library

Coe, Erica ecoe at olympic.edu
Tue Sep 22 10:21:57 PDT 2020

Hi all,

We are working on the NWCCU substantive change procedure for approval of distance education programs.   I was wondering if any of you could share what you wrote for: "Students enrolled in distance education programs have adequate access to and make effective use of learning resources, including library, information resources, laboratories and equipment."

I can certainly write about what they can access and how, but I'm not sure about "making effective use."  Our chat numbers have dropped dramatically, but we could look at our other usage data on guides, databases, ebooks, etc.

Thanks for any examples.

Erica