[LIBRARYDIR] Zoom & HIPAA

Mark Jenkins mjenkins at sbctc.edu
Mon Mar 23 09:57:14 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone

RE: Zoom -- I've been getting this question quite a bit -- here's K20's reply on using Zoom in HIPAA-compliant practices - apologies if this has already been shared.

K-20 Zoom Pro users are able to switch their account between K-20's Standard and HIPAA-compliant Zoom systems through the following steps:

  1.  Visit https://washington.zoom.us<https://washington.zoom.us/>.<- varies for k-20 accounts>
  2.  Select your new preferred login option (either Standard K-20 Zoom or HIPAA UW Zoom).
  3.  You will see a screen that says "You are signing into a Zoom account that is different from your current one." Select the second option, "Switch to the New Account"
  4.  On the following screen, select "I Acknowledge and Switch" to confirm your selection.
  5.  Follow the steps provided to confirm your account changes via email.

Please note that this process will result in the loss of previously stored cloud recordings. Before switching, please download any recordings you wish to retain.

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]
Mark Jenkins
Director, Educational Technology & Open Education
Accessible Technology Initiatives
mjenkins at sbctc.edu<mailto:mjenkins at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-4363