[LIBRARYDIR] HIPAA & Zoom #2

Mark Jenkins mjenkins at sbctc.edu
Mon Mar 23 12:44:19 PDT 2020

Hi

So K20 support inadvertently gave me some misleading information this morning and I passed it on (virally!) to you. K20 is NOT, as was implied, a business associate for HIPAA purposes with Zoom. UW is, and support accidentally directed you all to their licenses. SORRY! I just got off the phone with Noah Pitzer at K20 and he clarified that those HIPAA licenses are for UW only.

Zoom's technology is potentially HIPAA compliant.  However, Zoom's HealthCare service to establish the Business Associate relationship for PHI  carries a per-institution expense.

Again, sorry, and thanks to Noah for clearing it up.

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]
Mark Jenkins
Director, Educational Technology & Open Education
Accessible Technology Initiatives
mjenkins at sbctc.edu<mailto:mjenkins at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-4363