[LIBRARYDIR] Credit card use

Tammy Siebenberg tsiebenberg at yvcc.edu
Tue Nov 13 17:26:01 PST 2018

At Yakima Valley we use Papercut to manage printing but also have a system from ITC<http://itcsystems.com/> to release print jobs to the printers.  Our students get 500 black & white pages per quarter for free.  After that it costs 1 cent per page.  Color is 50 cents per page (none free).  The ITC system allows students to add money to their YVC ID card account online using credit or debit cards.  They can also add money at the cashier’s office but that must be cash or check.  The money on their ID card account can be used for printing, copying, to pay tuition, at the bookstore, and other places on campus.

There have been a few glitches but it now seems to be working well for printing.

Tammy

Tammy R. Siebenberg, MLIS
Director – Library & Media Services  ​
Yakima Valley College