[LIBRARYDIR] Credit card use

Hersh-tudor, Andrew AHersh-tudor at wvc.edu
Fri Nov 16 13:37:24 PST 2018

Hello -

We just recently started using PaperCut's credit / debit card system. We have only had a few dozen transactions so far, but the interesting thing is the amount added by card versus at the cash machine in the library (well, libraries - we have libraries in Omak and Wenatchee, and PaperCut cash machines at both locations). Credit transactions average $7.57; cash transactions average $0.58.  I have no idea what that means - it's easier to add higher amounts by card rather than feeding bills into a machine? You're more likely to have a card if you're more affluent? Cash transactions are more likely on an emergency basis (paper due in 10 minutes, adding just enough cash to get it printed)? Anyway, that's our experience so far.

-Andrew