[LIBRARYDIR] ALMA and staffing

Sue Kennedy sue.kennedy at centralia.edu
Thu Mar 23 11:10:39 PDT 2017

Hi Erica,

We heeded the stories from Cohort 1 about the desire to have your systems person be as close to full-time as possible during the migration process.

It didn't actually happen that way in reality for us (or for Cohort 1) folks, but we started with freeing up obligations for our point person.  We identified where we could backfill.  We had an adjunct do some extra hours and non-migration librarians and staff picked up more instruction and reference consultations and other things during the migration.

A problem is that it's not full-time work during all of the migration, but there are certainly periods of time where it is and then some.

Spending a bit extra now for a solid migration will save TONS of time down the road in operation and you will have healthier and happier staff.

Sue