[LIBRARYDIR] Circulating Chromebooks...

Jeanne Leader jleader at everettcc.edu
Fri Mar 17 14:42:40 PDT 2017

We've been checking out small computers (netbooks) for several years and
this is funded by our student eTech fee.  We have a significant rate of
loss (about 10 per quarter - jeez!) and some of that is recovered through
collections.  I'm glad that the students have funded this because they seem
much less concerned about the loss than I am.  As far as damage, if the
computer can no longer be checked out, we would charge the full replacement
cost.  We've had several with broken screens and the cost of repairing that
damage is greater than replacement.

Jeanne

Jeanne Leader
EvCC Dean of Arts & Learning Resources
425.388.9502       2000 Tower   Everett WA 98201

At EvCC, we're always reading something interesting. Check it out by
clicking here <http://www.everettcc.edu/evccreads>.
Books are "the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most
patient of teachers."
Charles William Eliot

On Fri, Mar 17, 2017 at 2:30 PM, Kanne, Lynn <Lynn.Kanne at seattlecolleges.edu