[LIBRARYDIR] Return on Investment

Kelly, Amy akelly1 at spscc.edu
Tue Feb 21 13:27:45 PST 2017

I agree that gas cost is a slightly odd calculation. Wouldn't it be better instead to include some kind of amortization of database article use (e.g. our cost for full-text in ASP is 79 cents, but if students purchased individual articles w/out database subscriptions those costs can range up to $30-40 per article). I don't know what an accurate formula would be...

I don't know if we'd do this, but since I'm currently in iPeds mode, I'm enjoying the possibility.

Amy

Amy S. Kelly
Dean of Academic Support Services
South Puget Sound Community College