[LIBRARYDIR] Classification of subscriptions in your budget?

Samantha Hines SHines at pencol.edu
Thu Apr 27 09:11:49 PDT 2017

Hello,

Our college's Business Services office has been reviewing the coding of library subscription expenses and has determined that they are annual in nature and do not meet state capitalization requirements and has thus changed their coding to reflect the useful life as to that of less than a year, which will have impact on the value of the collection as assessed. How are these subscriptions coded on your campus? Should I be concerned?

Thanks for any info/advice you can provide,
Samantha Hines
Peninsula College

Sent from my iPad