[LIBRARYDIR] Classification of subscriptions in your budget?

Tammy Siebenberg tsiebenberg at yvcc.edu
Thu Apr 27 09:37:30 PDT 2017

Samantha,

We had the same thing happen at Yakima.  It has something to do with each college have to prepare its own financial statement instead of being part of SBCTC's financial statement.

As of now, we are using the following codes:

EJ	40	SUBSCRIPTIONS			Library online services, e.g., databases, eBook collections, streaming licenses, streaming services
EJ	50	SUBSCRIPTIONS			Library print newspapers, magazines, journals, etc., with shelf life <1 year
ER	00	PURCHASED SERVICES		Fax services; hiring a trainer to come here to teach employees
EY	00	SOFTWARE MAINT LEASE	Online access to programs needed to run the library, support services, maintenance/warranty agreements
EZ	00	OTHER GOODS & SERVIC	One-time public performance licenses (Swank Motion Pictures, Inc.), advertising, permits

JA	00	NON CAP.ASSETS		Equipment, computer, copier, AV equipment, furniture under $5,000 (includes USBs,
						keyboards, mice, printers)
JC	00	FURN,EQUIP,SOFTWARE	Equipment, computer, copier, AV equipment, furniture over $5,000
JD	00	LIBRARY RESOURCES		Library Media Center DVDs
JD	11	LIBRARY-BOOKS			Library print books, purchased eBooks, other printed items with shelf life >1 year

Our online subscriptions were moved from JD 12 to EJ 40.  Our print journal subscriptions moved from JD 11 to EJ 50.

Tammy R. Siebenberg, MLIS
Director – Library & Media Services  ​
Yakima Valley College
509.574.4984