[LIBRARYDIR] Tutoring Centers, Writing Centers, Math Labs, Speech Labs

Nina Pitts NPitts at pencol.edu
Thu Sep 10 09:44:07 PDT 2015

At Peninsula College, tutoring is handled through Student Services. Tutors often reserve library study rooms for tutoring, and we allow them more liberal reservation policies than we do individual students. We don't have a Learning Commons in the library. A few years ago, new construction on campus allowed a combination computer/math/writing lab to be housed in our Arts and Humanities building. The computer lab personnel are IT technicians and report to Admin Services. The math and writing labs are staffed by Math and English instructors, respectively. The area is popular as a general hangout spot, which leads to lots of noise. Many students say they prefer the library for a quieter place to access computers and do other work.

Nina Pitts
Library Supervisor
Peninsula College Library/Media Center
1502 E. Lauridsen Blvd.