[LIBRARYDIR] Streaming licenses versus DVD purchases

Vivienne Mcclendon vivienne.mcclendon at bellevuecollege.edu
Tue Aug 18 17:01:27 PDT 2015

Tammy,
This is a big issue on our campus.

Currently our Student Affairs Office purchases public performance rights for a couple of movies a year via Student Government. I do not know what clearing house they use. I have been dismayed to hear through the grapevine of occasional uses of our films/DVDs outside of the classroom.

I will continue to bring this up to my boss, but so far, no headway in getting this before the campus executive staff for action.

We have just expanded our films on demand selections which are available via our library catalog to on-campus computers only.

Vivienne

-
Vivienne McClendon, Ph.D., MLIS
Dean, Library Media Center, D260H
Bellevue College  |  425.564.3056  |
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
vivienne.mcclendon at bellevuecollege.edu<emailto:%20vivienne.mcclendon at bellevuecollege.edu>

[cid:1B00C840-B940-4469-819D-F58D94FE4831]