[LIBRARYDIR] forgiving old fines/fees

Vivienne Mcclendon vivienne.mcclendon at bellevuecollege.edu
Tue Aug 11 18:32:13 PDT 2015

At Bellevue, we forgave every fine less than $3, and moving forward will never place a registration hold on any student with a fine of less than $5.
We also forgave any fine associated with weeded materials or surplussed equipment. We didn't forgive our largest fines which were on lost or damaged laptops.

We have just completed a huge weeding project getting rid of all our older periodicals (we now save only 3 years of our print titles), as well as all of our cassette tapes, VHS tapes and all of our microfilm holdings. We are also surplussing many of our media center holding of older cameras, broken laptops, slide carousels, and other older, unused technology.

Conversion is our mission ;)

-
Vivienne McClendon, Ph.D., MLIS
Dean, Library Media Center, D260H
Bellevue College  |  425.564.3056  |
Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
vivienne.mcclendon at bellevuecollege.edu<emailto:%20vivienne.mcclendon at bellevuecollege.edu>

[cid:4C6E7D6B-342F-49E4-BC35-AB253AEFB93C]