[LIBRARYDIR] systems management

Jane Blume JBlume at btc.ctc.edu
Tue Feb 12 14:19:15 PST 2013

At Bellingham Technical College, the duties are shared. The other librarian here creates the skin for WebVoyage and does most of the system administration work. I do some (I previously did it all), especially in the summer when the other librarian is not here. I maintain EZProxy, both the list of authenticated users and creating/editing links for digital resources.

A senior classified staff member does all the cataloging and acquisitions. She consults with on cataloging questions. She also does some system admin work in Voyager when it is related to technical services such as creating a new location or downloading records to send to Backstage for authentication work. We work together (sometimes with Shellie on the phone) on the more complicated projects.

Jane

Jane Blume
Director, Library and Media Services
Bellingham Technical College