[LIBRARYDIR] systems management

Kram, LAURI lkram at edcc.edu
Tue Feb 12 09:16:28 PST 2013

Beth,

Dale Burke serves as our library's systems coordinator and oversees our
electronic resources and relevant licenses. Dale's official title is
Technical Services Librarian, he is a FT Tenure Track Faculty Librarian.
Dale had also been Systems Coordinator for the ORCA Consortium some years
ago, so this was a natural responsibility for Dale to take on for our
library.

Here are some of the relevant functions as listed in Dale's current
position description:

   - Serves as local system administrator liaison to ORCA Library
   Consortium.
   - Establishes and maintains system level configurations for integrated
   online library system.
   - Responsible for the overall training and operation of the integrated
   online library system.
   - Coordinates all database trials, purchases and serves as liaison to
   database vendors.
   - Coordinates both print and electronic collection development
   activities, including selecting jobbers and overseeing budget activities,
   providing regular reports to library selectors.
   - Maintains library specific software on library staff computers.
   - Troubleshoots computer/system problems and serves as contact person
   for vendor level support.

Lauri

Lauri Kram
Director, Learning Resources