[Lcta] LTCA Meeting Reminder and Elections

Tarker, Daniel Daniel.Tarker at seattlecolleges.edu
Tue Jul 21 10:51:22 PDT 2020

Hi LTCA folks,

The purpose of this email is threefold. One, to send you the ballot to vote on board members. Two, to give you an update on our summer meeting next week on Wednesday July 29 from 9 am – 12. And to forward an ask for information from Natalie Mangus at Skagit Valley College.

Board Elections

Thank you to the folks who nominated people for the board. I checked with everybody who was nominated to see if they were interested. If I didn’t not get a response, I’m assuming no response is an indication of willingness. Once we get the votes in, I’ll check in with the candidates who received the most votes to ensure their willingness to serve.

(An awkward note: I was the only person nominated for chair, which I guess makes sense given that I got this ball rolling with the help of a lot of others. But I did add an “other” category in case people want to suggest alternative chairs.)

My thinking is that this is our first board, and so this process is really to just get some people in place to develop a solid foundation for this association. Hopefully we will be able to develop a better process in the future.

So please respond to this ballot<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe-MnYrZupV23aZvkdb-bgNx2MfiP6EEnH-rD9Yyxdp23ymdA/viewform?usp=sf_link> by Friday evening July 24. This will give me time to confirm appointments so we can unveil the first board on Wednesday.

LTCA Summer Meeting

As a reminder, our next meeting is on Wednesday, July 29 from 9 am – 12 pm on Zoom<https://zoom.us/j/94910665429?pwd=NTh6Q0hoUUFCTTk0T0pkei9ONytzdz09>. Thanks to Jonathan Molinaro at Bellevue College for organizing the presenters. Lindsey Burke will talk about learning center online support services outside of 1-on-1 tutoring, Ward Ryder from South Seattle College is going lead a discussion on student retention, and Erin Gibbons will lead another yet-to-be-determined discussion. We’ll also clearly be talking about where we are at with all the challenges we are facing.

Ask from Natalie Mangus from Skagit Valley

“I am interested in reviewing job descriptions on your campuses for oversight of tutoring and academic success programs. If you are someone on your campus is a Manager, Director, Assistant Director, etc. of tutoring/academic success services, and if you are willing, would you be able to send me your job description to natalie.magnus at skagit.edu? Thank you for your assistance.”

Please email her your job descriptions at: Natalie.Magnus at skagit.edu<mailto:Natalie.Magnus at skagit.edu>

We may also want to archive these on our Canvas shell for easy reference. I’ve created a Learning Center Administrator Job Description Page<https://canvas.northseattle.edu/courses/1777046/pages/learning-center-administrator-job-descriptions>. If you upload your job descriptions to the Canvas shell, you can post a link to the file on this page. I’ll try to get some up from North this week as well.

I hope everybody is well. These are harrowing times for many reasons, but the center will hold.

Dan