[GuidedPathways] 2019 Fall Student Success Institute

Lexi Swanson lswanson at sbctc.edu
Fri Sep 27 13:53:25 PDT 2019

Hello All,

We've had several requests for clarification regarding the composition of college teams for the Fall Student Success Institute. Based on the session materials, we recommend colleges consider sending a team of up to six people comprised of the following:

  *   Human Resources & Leadership - a special breakout workshop session with Dr. Estela Bensimon will provide tools developed at the Center for Urban Education regarding excellent practices in hiring (attendees of this session will be asked to bring a sample job posting for the activity)

  *   Faculty - Faculty will benefit from learning more about what we're learning about how their students advance through their classroom and degree pathways, as well as deepened understanding of how

  *   Research & Planning leaders - plenary session by the CCRC team will be significantly enhanced by teams having their research leadership to work through the program entry tool!

  *   Advising, Career Discernment, and Instructional leadership - Afternoon sessions will provide the opportunity to think deeply about the redesign process in each of these areas

Attached is the draft agenda for further information regarding the November SSI schedule. If you have any further questions about who should attend or regarding other aspects of the Institute please do not hesitate to contact me. We look forward to seeing you all in November!

Lexi Swanson (she/her/hers)
Administrative Assistant, Student Success Center
State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
Lswanson at sbctc.edu<mailto:Lswanson at sbctc.edu> * 360-704-4390