[Factc] Sally's Report.

Smith, Gerard GSmith at clark.edu
Wed Apr 17 13:58:14 PDT 2019

________________________________
From: Sally Sheedy <SSheedy at whatcom.edu>
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2019 4:45 PM
To: Smith, Gerard
Cc: 'randall.nelson at seattlecolleges.edu'
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Spring meeting FACTC

First, let me finally, officially RSVP by saying I will NOT be at the spring meeting. I believe I’ve mentioned that the spring meeting routinely conflicts with an annual conference I go to. This year, I’ll be in Atlanta May 1st-3rd.

Second, I want to provide something for the library database agenda item in advance of the meeting.

Saturday, May 4th

8:00 – 8:30 am            Continental Breakfast and Conversation

- - -      - - -      - - -

8:45-9:15 am:                    Communication Update

                                                                Rob Vogel, Sally Sheedy and Gail Alexander

9:15– 10:15 a.m.          Library Database Discussion/Resolution

I am sharing a document that mostly makes the point that the idea of pulling together for more buying power has been tackled before. I start with a list of library-related things that are currently in place in the state, and then look back to when this issue was looked at the by SBCTC a decade ago. For this I have excerpts of email without providing context, but maybe some of what’s within them could inform new conversations. I’ve added Randy to this thread since he may be able to expand on (or correct) what I’ve written.

As for the Communication Update, I am sorry I can’t be there for that. If anyone has ideas they think I can help with, let me know. Examples or specifics as to the idea (or problem plus suggested solution) would go far.

Sally Sheedy
Systems Librarian
Whatcom Community College Library

237 West Kellogg Road
Bellingham, WA 98226
360-383-3287  (library 3300, college 3000)

ssheedy at whatcom.edu<mailto:ssheedy at whatcom.edu>

library.whatcom.edu