[DEOC] Compensating Students: Listening & Feedback sessions

Ha Nguyen ha.nguyen at greenriver.edu
Tue Feb 28 11:26:09 PST 2023

Hello, DEOC colleagues!

I'm sure I may have missed some of this information already shared within our group, but could folx help to clarify your processes for compensating students on your campuses? Specifically, when incentivizing participation (other than gift cards) for one-time activities (e.g. listening and feedback sessions), how are colleges paying for student participation for the following groups:

  1.  Not a work study student;
  2.  A temp hourly student; and
  3.  A contractor.

Again, the payment is an incentive to participate in activities like a feedback group that takes place at one time, for a limited duration of a few hours. We are also inquiring clarification through HRMC and BAC. Thx a million in advance for your input as GRC reviews our policy and practices in this area in prep for our L&F sessions next year.

Best,

Ha

Ha T. Nguyen (she|her)
Vice President | Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
e: ha.nguyen at greenriver.edu<mailto:ha.nguyen at greenriver.edu> | c: 253.455.1111
Green River College<https://www.greenriver.edu/> | Facebook: GreenRiverCollege<https://www.facebook.com/GreenRiverCollege/> | Twitter: @GreenRiverCC<https://twitter.com/greenrivercc?lang=en>

[GRC-logo_digital-green]

Vision:
Green River College<https://www.greenriver.edu/> will be an equity-centered leader in higher education
committed to excellence in teaching and learning,
to being an anti-racist college,
and to advancing social and economic justice