[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] Updating Set Letter Code Values

Deborah Englehardt denglehardt at sbctc.edu
Thu Mar 9 10:50:08 PST 2023

Sent on behalf of SBCTC CORE/FA/SF–

Hello everyone,

Enhancement Request #180 College Specific Set Letter Code Values was approved by Working Group on 2/15/23 and we have passed testing in our lower environments. Your Campus Solutions Pillar Support Teams (CS Core, Financial Aid, and Student Financials) are ready to begin making these changes in Production. These changes require manual configurations from our teams and as we are completing the work, you may notice changes to the Set Letter Code field for your college’s letters. We anticipate changes being completed by 3/17/23 and will send a follow-up letting you know when this work is complete.

This Enhancement Request improves user search experience on the Standard Letter Table page (Campus Community > Communications > Communications Set Up > Standard Letter Table). Users will now be able to search by college in addition to searching by Letter Code or Description. Here’s a before (left) and after (right):

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D95262.021DA470][cid:image002.jpg at 01D95262.021DA470]

This change has no impact on 3C Engine or Communication Generation processes; it simply makes it easier to find the letter codes that belong to a specific institution. Users will also continue to be able to see letter codes that belong to other institutions.

Letter codes were manually assigned to each college based off of the established Student Records, Student Financials<https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/79552/l/1039238-9-2-3c-configuration-campus-solutions-3cs-and-message-center-naming-conventions> and Financial Aid<https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/79552/l/925280-9-2-fa-letter-codes-naming-convention-and-setup> naming conventions. Please submit a ticket if you feel that a particular letter code was assigned to the wrong college.

This communication is being sent to the CS Support, Financial Aid Support, and Student Financials Support listservs.

[Compass]Deborah Englehardt

Functional Analyst, Campus Solutions (Financial Aid)

1300 Quince Street SE

Olympia, WA 98504-2495

denglehardt at sbctc.edu<mailto:denglehardt at sbctc.edu> • O: 360-704-3979

sbctc.edu<https://www.sbctc.edu/> • Twitter: @SBCTCWashington<https://twitter.com/SBCTCWashington> • Facebook: @WASBCTC<https://www.facebook.com/wasbctc/>