[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] Item Type Security - Testing in PCD & more...

Brandon Reed breed at sbctc.edu
Thu Mar 9 11:53:24 PST 2023

Greetings everyone and happy Thursday –

  1.  Testing item type security in the PCD environment
     *   All CTC staff now have item type security established in PCD.
     *   Testing in PCD

                                                               i.      Functional SF, Financial Aid, and “other” ctcLink users (those outside of SF/Fin Aid but may post charges & payment item types) = Test by visiting the ctcLink pages you use listed in the attached slide deck. Remember, only two types of access were given out, the standard and financial aid.  If you find that an item type or group of item types (NODE) are missing, please work with your LSA to attain any additional access necessary.

                                                             ii.      Local Security Administrators = Feel free to adjust item type security for staff as you see fit.

                                                           iii.      Each morning in PCD at 7:00, the process to set the previous days item type security adjustments will run, please allow a bit of time for this process to complete prior to reviewing changes.

                                                           iv.      While testing in PCD, if you have any issues requiring State Board’s SF Supports assistance, please file a ticket:

           *   with request type: ctcLink Support > Campus Solutions > Student Financials > Other Student Financials
           *   with subject line “ Item Type Security in PCD  WA%%% “
     *   Query = QCS_SEC_SACR_ITEMTYPE_OPR_DTL = Display SACR Item Type Security by one or all staff per institution (thank you Jill!)
     *   Tacoma, Spokane(s), and Clark Colleges

                                                               i.      Please review your item type tree in the PCD environment, it has been adjusted & updated to work properly with i.t. security

                                                             ii.      We will reach out in the coming weeks to discuss this important tree update with you/your team

  1.  Move to the production environment
     *   Item type security configuration will be copied from the PQA environment allowing for LSA’s to adjust staff i.t. security
     *   The date for opening the PQA environment has yet to be determined – please stay tuned!

  1.  Resources:
     *   Next scheduled Q&A for i.t. security will be on April 12th at 1:00pm<https://www.sbctc.edu/calendar>
     *   March 8th presentation recording on i.t.<https://sbctc.instructure.com/courses/2056628/pages/item-type-security?module_item_id=69908374> security
     *   QRG = 9.2 Item Type Security<https://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/96102/l/1651022-9-2-item-type-security>
     *   Attached slide deck used in presentation

See you at the next meeting or work session!

  *   State Board S.F. Team

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Brandon Reed
Associate Dir. Campus Solutions - Student Financials
breed at sbctc.edu<mailto:breed at sbctc.edu>