[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] FA Support ctcLink System Announcements

Marjorie Facio mfacio at sbctc.edu
Tue Mar 16 11:20:12 PDT 2021

Good Day ctcLink FA Users,

Below please find some general updates you may find useful!

CARESII and WSAC Emergency Aid for Undocumented Students

A system-wide announcement regarding global configuration for these funds was sent out last week. It is attached for your reference if you are not on the Financial Aid Director list serv, dirfinaid at lists.ctc.edu.

2022 Aid Year Launch

Many colleges have already kicked off their new aid year set up and most DG4 colleges met with our support team to get their ISIR Processing Jobsets created.

Tickets are being used to track the progress of each college's new aid year set up and processing. FA Support has designated time slots for processing your current and future year jobsets and will provide you with that time slot in the ticket.

For packaging, there are planned regulatory updates and patches for PeopleSoft tentatively slated for implementation in mid-May AND another in mid-June. If your college is ready to begin packaging, you may begin now, but you will not be able to originate Pell or loans until the last regulatory updates for COD and patches to reverse the "ASLA" are implemented in Production in mid-June.

FA Support will send an announcement regarding the release of the latest patches and updates for Financial Aid in PeopleSoft when they are applied to the Production environment.  State Board will hold sessions to provide an overview of these updates.

Lastly, keep an eye out from WSAC's announcement of Maximum Award Amounts for adjusting any packaging later this Spring: https://wsac.wa.gov/FAA-resources

E Lists aka ListServ Info

State Board maintains a variety of user and topic specific eLists that you are welcome to subscribe to. Here is the link to the master page.

We advise ctcLink FA users to subscribe to the ctcLinkfinaidsupport list.

https://www.sbctc.edu/colleges-staff/it-support/mailman-lists/

WorkFirst Item Type Review

An active review of WorkFirst Item types is underway. We will reach out to college program administrators before making changes. The goal is to move toward a more global administration of these funds. Please stay tuned for details.

PCD Environment

The college test environment, PDC is scheduled for refresh on 4/2/21. We encourage colleges to do active testing of their new aid year set up in that environment. You can also test /practice/train in that environment. Please note the last time it was refreshed was 2/21/21.  You may find it necessary to request security access in this environment that your local security admin has the ability to grant.

https://cs-pcd.peoplesoft-nonprod-aws.ctclink.sbctc.edu/cspcd/signon.html

Query Organization

Financial Aid queries have begun moving into topic related folders. We encourage you to start exploring FA queries by looking them up via a specific folder. We hope you find this useful.

There is a "FINANCIAL AID" folder and now, additional folders that begin with "FA".

PeopleSoft Security Resources

Below please find security resources on the ctcLink Reference Center. Keep in mind that the best resource is your trained local security administrator. They will have access to queries that are designed to return the necessary roles needed for viewing/editing/processing pages. They can also provide you with a list of your staff members' current security roles and access by using State Board delivered queries.

These queries are also referenced in the resources below.

http://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/56084

http://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/56084/l/1192775-security-and-the-solution-validation-environment#using-query-in-svx-to-support-role-assignment-verification

FA SUPPORT

[Compass]Marjorie Facio
Functional Analyst, Campus Solutions (Financial Aid)
1300 Quince Street SE
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
mfacio at sbctc.edu<mailto:mfacio at sbctc.edu> * o: 360-704-1836