[ctcLinkfinaidsupport] FA Support Weeklyish Bulletin – Friday 07/09/2021

Jedidiah Lara jlara at sbctc.edu
Fri Jul 9 16:04:39 PDT 2021

Happy Friday ctcLinkers!
Dual Processing Extracts and *NEW* Query
FA Support recently implemented a fix to the I-112 Dual Processing Student Career Term Extract process to ensure accurate intent codes are sent over for applied baccalaureate students. This fix was applied to Production on 7/7.

We also added an additional process to identify Unofficially Withdrawn Students while in Dual Processing. A new section in the Business Process Guide “Running the Unofficial Withdraws Query” provides step-by-step instructions.
http://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/96776/l/1241095-financial-aid-dual-processing-business-processing-guide

Pell Reconciliation
We recently made an improvement to the Pell Reconciliation report; the results of records to review should be much smaller (yay!). The report was using the Full-Time Scheduled Pell amount field rather than the actual Pell awarded/originated amount field. This meant anyone not awarded a full-time Pell amount was being returned as a discrepancy. Now the report is comparing what was originated versus what is currently awarded.

ISIR Bio Demo Resolution *NEW* Video
Check out this NEW guide! 9.2 Reviewing and Resolving an ISIR vs Bio Demo Mismatch Checklist Video | 9.2 FA - Managing 3C's | ctcLink Reference Center<http://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/92425/l/1430684-9-2-reviewing-and-resolving-an-isir-vs-bio-demo-mismatch-checklist-video>

New Queries
Query QCS_FA_AWARD_GT_ITMTYP_AMT is in Production. This query can be used to compare the term award amount total to the total of item type charges – based on the charge item type numbers you enter in the query prompt.

Reminders
WCG Recalculate eligibility – Did you know there is a handy section in the WCG Business Process Guide on recalculating eligibility? Check it out!
http://ctclinkreferencecenter.ctclink.us/m/92436/l/798586-9-2-wcg-and-cbs-processing-business-process-guide

Work-Study – If you haven’t already, header and trailer schools that are using next year’s funding, ensure timesheets are set up correctly now that the new fiscal year has begun.

Prorating an EFC for 2022 – Please recall there is a *BUG* in Peoplesoft on the 2022 ISIR Corrections page. It only affects where you need to go to prorate an EFC. Use the fourth tab on the page and you’re good to go! We wanted to dispel rumors that you cannot send ISIR Corrections from Peoplesoft. Sending ISIR Corrections is NOT impacted by this bug.

[Title: SBCTC logo - Description: Compass]Jedidiah Lara
Functional Analyst, Campus Solutions (Financial Aid)
1300 Quince Street SE
Olympia, WA 98504-2495
jlara at sbctc.edu<mailto:jlara at sbctc.edu> | o: 360-704-3996